Designed with rapidly evolving mobility needs in mind, the 802.11n-based Aironet 1600 Series offers small and midsized enterprises an entry-level wireless access point with advanced features. With the Aironet 1600 Series, customers can modernize their network to handle today’s explosion of more clients, applications, and bandwidth demands.
The 1600 Series offers the advantage of 802.11n enterprise-class performance with 3×3 multiple-input, multiple-output (MIMO) technology with two spatial streams-ideal for small and midsized enterprises.
It provides efficient wireless coverage through Cisco ClientLink 2.0, CleanAir Express*, and Cisco Wireless VideoStream technologies. Cisco ClientLink 2.0 on the Aironet 1600 Series works to improve downlink performance and range for most mobile devices, while improving battery life on devices such as smartphones and tablets.
Cisco Aironet 1600 Series Access Points are designed to help ensure an interference-free, high-speed, wireless experience.
Features and Capabilities
- Entry-level access point for small to midsized organizations, including retail, manufacturing, education, and branch offices
- Attractive price and performance for migrating to 802.11n
- Up to six times more capacity to support applications and clients than legacy 802.11a/b/g networks
- Cisco ClientLink 2.0 for better downlink performance and range and longer battery life on mobile devices
- Cisco CleanAir Express* for proactive spectrum intelligence to address RF interference problems
- Limited Lifetime Hardware Warranty, including 10-day advance hardware replacement
Wireless innovations include:
- Cisco ClientLink 2.0 technology
- Cisco VideoStream technology
- Cisco Bandselect
- CleanAir Express*
*Available through future software updates.