HTTP streaming server behind nginx?

I’m trying to set up a HTTP streaming server I wrote with Tornado and python. Basically, it keeps the connection alive and occasionally flushes information out. It’s a bit like long polling, except the connection isn’t broken by the server.

Is it possible to put something like this behind nginx? I’m testing it from my browser, and I can’t see any output until the server breaks the connection, then it’s all sent at once.

Related:

Next generation RPG documentation

The RPG language has many aspects to it that have survived the test of time,
like it’s ease of database access and simple modularity structure. But other areas of
RPG have lagged behind, like the user interfacing layer and a modern approach to
community documentation. This article will describe how you can use RPG to build a
modern interface that addresses the community supplied documentation need by combining
new browser framework technology (for example, ExtJS) and existing back-end server
software (such as, Apache, RPG and DB2 for i).

Related:

• No Related Posts

503 Error: Service Temporarily Unavailable (Mod_wsgi, Apache, Django)

I followed the tutorial to mount a Djando application on Apache here.
The Django project was created under its own directory in /opt. Any suggestions or other tutorials I can use? I reviewed few tutorials on the Django site with no success. The application does not serve any static pages, just receives requests. However, we did setup a test file to check if the app is working in urls.py. I get a 404 error.

Error:

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or > capacity problems. Please try again later.

Here is the current configuration is set: app.wsgi

import os, sys

sys.path.append('/opt/<APPLICATION>')
sys.path.append('<PATH TO PYTHON INSTALL>/django')

os.environ['DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE'] = '<APPLICATION>.settings_production'

import django.core.handlers.wsgi

application = django.core.handlers.wsgi.WSGIHandler()
  • Python: 2.7
  • Framework: Django
  • Mod: MOD_WSGI
  • WebServer: Apache

Apache Entries:

LoadModule wsgi_module modules/mod_wsgi.so
AddHandler wsgi-script .wsgi

WSGIDaemonProcess server threads=25 display-name=%{GROUP}
WSGIProcessGroup server

WSGIScriptAlias / /opt/<APPLICATION>/<APPLICATION>.wsgi

<Directory /opt/<APPLICATION>>
  Order allow,deny
  Allow from all
</Directory>

Please let me know if I am missing anything or if I can supply any other data.

After further research I found the issue is with creating a socket as Apache may not have access to do so. I tried using the:

WSGISocketPrefix /tmp/wsgi

, but I receive a 500 Internal Error, thoughts?

Thank-you

Related:

Lotus Notes wiki

Learn how to use IBM Lotus Notes, contribute to its product knowledge base, and collaborate with others. Find IBM Product Documentation and Learning Center materials, including how-to videos and getting started materials, and supplemental articles written by Lotus community members.

Related:

• No Related Posts

Lotus Domino wiki

Learn how to use IBM Lotus Domino, contribute to its product knowledge base, and collaborate with others. Find IBM Product Documentation and Learning Center materials, including how-to videos and getting started materials, and supplemental articles written by Lotus community members.

Related:

• No Related Posts