Registry settings for disabling autocomplete options in IE8

I have a script that disables all the autocomplete settings in IE6 and IE7 but with IE8 there are new settings that aren’t disabled by the script. The settings are under Tools->Content->AutoComplete->Settings

The current registry keys I’m modifying are

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FormSuggest Passwords "no"
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FormSuggest PW Ask "no"
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Use FormSuggest "no"
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoComplete\AutoSuggest "no"

The settings that are not unchecked by these keys are Browsing History and Favorites. Does anyone know the registry settings that are associated with these IE settings?

Related:

Security Industry Best Practices: Black Hat 2010

Following an industry conference, I find it a good practice for me to reflect back on what I learned and observed and see how I can apply it to my current work. At the conference there is so much to learn and take in, so I find it helps to let it all marinate for a bit of time and then I can start to uncover the new learning once I’m back at my desk and away from the conference buzz.
Read More

Related:

• No Related Posts

How can I rewrite / redirect URL’s in Glassfish V3?

I’d like to simplify the URL’s to access a Glassfish V3 application by removing file extensions and otherwise shortening URL’s.

I’ve already set my application as the default application, so that there is no need to include the context root in the URL.

I’d like to:
* Remove file extensions
* Shorten the URL to files deep in the folder structure

I’d like to do this using pattern matching rather than on a per file basis (Site is small at the moment but will change frequently and grow).

Some examples of what I’d like to do:
* foo.com/bar.html -> foo.com/bar
* foo.com/folder1/folder2/bar2.html -> foo.com/bar2

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Cheers,

Jin

Related:

Java web services: WS-Security without client certificates

WS-Security symmetric encryption lets you secure message exchanges
between client and server without requiring client certificates, simplifying your web service configuration while also providing performance benefits. You can use it directly or in the bootstrap for WS-SecureConversation exchanges. In this article, you’ll learn how to configure and use symmetric encryption with the three main open source Java web services stacks: Axis2, Metro, and CXF. You’ll also see how plain WS-Security symmetric encryption performance compares to WS-SecureConversation performance.

Related:

• No Related Posts

Printer on different network(IP range), can i print to it?

Heres my situation, client PC is on the same network as the printer to start with:
192.168.1.X
Thats fine and printing is fine, however our clients are required to connect to the VPN using the installed cisco client – this creates a virtual adapter and now the PC is connected to a 10.0.0.X IP range and can no longer see the printer, thus my problem!

If I do an IPCONFIG/ALL the PC still has the 192.168.1.X address but it I can’t ping anything on it.

Is it possible to use both IP ranges at the same time?

Related: