How to run VMWare ESX or ESXi in a virtual machine?

Can VMWare ESX or ESXi be installed and used inside a virtual machine?

It can be installed inside VMWare Workstation or Server, but then it doesn’t work; the main symptoms are:

• It runs REALLY slowly.
  • It lets you create VMs, but when powering up them it gives an error stating "You may not power on a virtual machine in a virtual machine".

Related:

Configuring single sign-on (SSO) between IBM Lotus Domino and IBM WebSphere Portal

This paper is designed to help administrators who have a good grasp of
how SSO works and want an in-depth explanation of what steps are necessary to
configure SSO between IBM Lotus Domino and IBM WebSphere Portal. It also
explains how to verify that SSO is working correctly. Editor’s Note: This
white paper is the second in a three-part series on SSO to be published over
the next month or so. See the previous paper, “Understanding single sign-on
(SSO) between IBM WebSphere Portal and IBM Lotus Domino.”

Related:

How to reconnect to a disconnected ssh session

Is there a way to connect to an ssh session that was disconnected? We are having problems with our network connection to a remote site that we are working on separately; however, in the mean time we experience a large number of disconnects due to lost packets while connected to servers at the remote location. Many times the session stays active for a while, and sometimes it happens to be in the middle of some action (file editing, running some process, etc…) that I need to get back to rather than restart if possible.

Related:

Can I use SSH key authentication to log into a remote system with a different username?

Suppose I have a remote system named “remotesystem”, and a user account “foouser” on that system.

I know that on my local system, I can generate an SSH key pair as local user “foouser”, put the public key in the “/home/foouser/.ssh/authorized_keys” file on “remotesystem”. When I SSH as “foouser” from my local system to “remotesystem”, SSH uses the key pair to authenticate me.

But what if my local username is not the same as the username on the remote system? That is, what if I want to SSH as local user “baruser” to “remotesystem”? Obviously, I will need to generate a key pair for “baruser” and add the public key to “/home/foouser/.ssh/authorized_keys”. Then, I should be able to “ssh foouser@remotesystem” while logged in as “baruser” locally, and SSH will use the key pair to authenticate, right?

I’m asking because I am trying to get the key authentication working in this scenario, without success. I’m not sure if its due to the username mismatch, or a configuration issue with the SSH server on the remote system.

Related:

Moving my Outlook 2003 archive from one laptop to another

I’m attempting to move to a new laptop and I want to take my email archive with we.

I’ve got 3 related files klelky.pst, klelky.pab and klelky.ost which I have moved to a shared folder. The .ost file is about 500MB so I assume thats where all may mail is. (The other folders are 250kB each).

The bit of googling that I’ve done has got me as far as

Control Panel->Mail->Show Profiles->Data Files

but this only appears to let me select the .pst files and when I go into Outlook most of my archive is missing.

How do I get everything from the archive to be visible from the new machine?

Related:

How do I responsibly dispose of backup tapes?

Our old tape drives have failed and we not using tapes for backup anymore. We still have a stack of DLT tapes with backups which may contain sensitive information like credit card numbers, social security numbers, etc.

How do I responsibly dispose of these backup tapes?

If I had a working drive I would be tempted to dd from /dev/urandom to the tape device, but the drives have failed. Would this be a good method if the drive was still working? What do you recommend I do with these tapes given that I have no working drive for them?

Related:

Single sign on to a IBM WebSphere Portal through IBM Tivoli Access Manager WebSEAL

Your article abstract goes here. Put the main points and key phrases at the beginning of the abstract, because it may be truncated in search results. Make
your abstract enticing yet succinct. Aim for three to five sentences that express
why the reader would care about the content (motive) and what he or she can
gain from reading the content (benefits).

Related:

• No Related Posts

Understanding single sign-on (SSO) between IBM Lotus Domino and IBM WebSphere Portal

This white paper provides an in-depth explanation of how the single
sign-on (SSO) feature works between IBM Lotus Domino and IBM WebSphere Portal.
Learn the basics of how cookies are written to―and used in―Internet browsers,
how the cookies are used to enable SSO, and exactly what is in the token and
why it’s needed for SSO between two servers. Included are specific details of
where the WebSphere Portal and Lotus Domino servers configure each part of the
cookie used for SSO, the LTPAToken. Editor’s Note: This white paper is the
first in a three-part series on SSO to be published over the next few months.
See the second paper, “Configuring single sign-on (SSO) between IBM WebSphere
Portal and IBM Lotus Domino.”

Related:

Use SQL descriptors to extend DB2 for i database applications

The SQLDA (SQL descriptor area) is the tried and true mechanism for SQL
applications to provide and receive detail and data. The SQLDA was not
designed to accommodate many of the recent extensions, attributes, and
capabilities found within IBM DB2 for i. The SQL descriptor support was added
to DB2 for i on V5R4. Discover how this exciting extension to the SQL support
allows application programs new ways to solve problems under the comforting
umbrella of the DB2 standardized solution.

Related:

• No Related Posts