Server/Client Install

Hi

I tried a server/client install on our test system yesterday (1 Windows 2003 Server & 1 Windows 7 DevWorkStation).

All went OK until I opened Taskmaster Client on Dev and found that the Operations window did not open. Although I can see the application via the settings menu.

Any ideas most appreciated

Thanks

Kevin

===

You should have an “Operations” Icon on the main toolbar (a blue icon).

If the toolbar is not there already, Go to View->Customized and male sure the Operations toolbar is selected. -Nico

====

Thanks, but it even though it lets me add the operations, job monitor or station monitor icons, once I click on OK, the operations, job monitor or station monitor icons are blanked out.

Even if I try and create a new toolbar the same thing happens !

The Apply button is also blanked out !

===

Are you logged in with a user that has permissions to all those functionalities like admin? – Nico

===

I’m admin on the DevWorkStation and have Full Control on the sharing and security settings on the Server !

I can the app name in the Settings menu, under Workplace. – Key_C

===

Hey Kevin,

I’m not sure I follow. What do you mean by “under Worplace” and also “I can see the app name under the Settings Menu”.

Feel free to post screenshots or anything that could help us understand the true nature of your problem.

Nico

===

Able to see the application under Workflow, but no Operations windows available. Customize Toolbar but Apply button grayed out. -Key_C

===

Kevin,

I see you have the toolbar enabled right under the main menus (File, View, Settings….)

The first icon, the blue one that looks a little bit like a shortcut should open the operations window for you.

Do you get anything when clicking on that icon?

Nico

===

Nico

No, I can highlight it, even drag it to the toolbar, but once I click on OK I’m back to square one.

I’m going though the IBM Datacap support portal, it must be as you said some sort of permissions settings, even though I’m logged in as Admin

===

Kevin, close all windows and click on the blue icon highlighted in red below.

===

I would, but it’s grayed out as in my 1st picture

Related:

Scan Users to Verify own Scans

Hi

We have 6 people do manual scans and they are to Verify their own work.

We are not using DotScan, so is there a way of setting up Datacap to make the above work without setting 6 workflows.

We’ve tried the following way and used the sub folder name(user1, user2…user6) and then used that to up the revelant tables in the Engine DB.

This idea works when the update is done manually, but not when run via rulerunner

Thanks
Key_C

=====

are you not setting up “queue by” and “store by” options in taskmaster web? BTW is it for web are you looking for? -Mun

===

The only way I see you dealing with this is to use the scan software from the scanner itself and write all the scans coming from 6 different users to a single repository. Then have vscan suck in the scanned images. The only problem with that is you wouldn’t have the context as to which scan came from which users unless you created sub folders for each of the different users to have their images put into individually. However if you do it this way, the out-of-the-box vbscript or c# vscan that is in dstudio wouldn’t be able to tell the different sub folder images apart – which would then require you to write your own vscan custom action – which shouldn’t be too hard to do. – Philip

Related:

DotEdit Opening Incorrectly

Hi All

Anyone seen simular (see attached picture) when opening DotEdit ?

My apps whether a custom panel or standard panel open showing the DotEdit initial Pending/Hold batches panel, if I click on the document the panel is fine, but will not Submit as keeps sending you back to the start of the batch !!

Travel Docs opens and works OK.

I’ve tried to fix but so far had no luck, compared like for like etc, changed the DotEdit fodler for a back one too !! ??

Thanks
– Key_C

==========

Classic problem of not having any DCO with a status of 1 (problem status no.)… So the panel has nothing to point to…
-PhilipYeo

Related:

• No Related Posts