I am on the ESRS Connectivity Support team.
We have been told by Unity Engineering that Unity does not support Centralized ESRS in an HA configuration.
I still cannot find any documentation on the Unity site to support this.
I have dealt with many customers that have run into this problem and there are only two options, of which I believe only the latter as a viable option.
- Use the integrated ESRS in your Unity.
- If you have lots of Unity boxes, each one uses its own embedded ESRS.
- The latest Unity release has a very old version of ESRS built in. This version has multiple known bugs and security vulnerabilities outlined in ESA 2017-136, KB # 509178 (EMC ESRS Virtual Edition Security Update for Multiple Embedded Component Vulnerabilities
- There is no WebUI to the integrated ESRS, so even ESRS Support cannot diagnose ESRS issues.
2. Deploy and provision a separate and single, non-HA Centralized ESRS VE Gateway, and have all of your Unity Boxes use this gateway.
- A waste of additional VM resources.
- No centralized solution to manage all EMC devices.
If anyone runs across any hard documentation that Unity does not Support ESRS VE, please provide a link.