Re: Unable to backup Lotus database with NMDA

Hello community,

today I installed a NetWorker Client, extended Client and NMDA software on a Windows Server 2016 R2. It is a Lotus Notes server and I want to backup the Lotus database. My NetWorker server is running also on Windows Server 2016 R2. I am using NetWorker version 18.1.0.2

I created a client resource for the Lotus backup by using the client wizard within NMC. But I am not able to run a backup. It fails with the message:

suppressed 1800 bytes of output.

Unable to process file D:<lotus-path><file>.nsf.

System error: Operation aborted.

Backup failed for D:<lotus-path><file>.nsf.

53294:nsrdasv: Backup failed.

175295:nsrdasv: Successfully connected to the Data Domain device.

175295:nsrdasv: Successfully connected to the Data Domain device.

129292:nsrdasv:Successfully established Client direct save session for save-set ID ‘2717115780’ (<nw-client>:NOTES:_3) with Data Domain volume ‘<nw-volume>’.

142169:nsrdasv: Save-set ID ‘2717115780’ (client ‘<nw-client>’: save-set ‘NOTES:_3’) is aborted.

ProSS: SSItem: 3 <NOTES:_3> Backup is aborted for D:<lotus-path><file>.nsf.

129292:nsrdasv:Successfully established Client direct save session for save-set ID ‘2700338565’ (<nw-client>:NOTES:_2) with Data Domain volume ‘<nw-volume>’.

142169:nsrdasv: Save-set ID ‘2700338565’ (client ‘<nw-client>’: save-set ‘NOTES:_2’) is aborted.

ProSS: SSItem: 2 <NOTES:_2> Backup is aborted for D:<lotus-path><file>.nsf.

129292:nsrdasv:Successfully established Client direct save session for save-set ID ‘2683561349’ (<nw-client>:NOTES:_1) with Data Domain volume ‘<nw-volume>’.

Unable to process file D:<lotus-path><file>.NSF.

142169:nsrdasv: Save-set ID ‘2683561349’ (client ‘<nw-client>’: save-set ‘NOTES:_1’) is aborted.

ProSS: SSItem: 1 <NOTES:_1> Backup is aborted for D:<lotus-path><file>.NSF.

31194:nsrdasv: The process 5928 received the signal 0

84109:nsrdasv: Child process 5928 (returned pid = 5928) returned with failure -1.

— Job Indications —

Unable to find any full backups of the save set ‘<nw-client>:NOTES:’ in the media database. Recommending that a full backup be performed.

<nw-client>:NOTES:: retried 1 times.

The client configuration is pretty simple. The wizard recognized the Lotus installation and filled all the needed information. This is what is displayed under “Application Information” in the client resource:

NSR_BACKUP_LOTUS_DIR:”TRUE”;

NSR_LOTUS_DATA_DIR:”D:\IBM\Domino\data”;

NSR_NOTES_INI_PATH:”D:\IBM\Domino\notes.ini”;

NSR_WIZARD_VERSION:”W1.1″; Notes_ExecDirectory:”D:\IBM\Domino”; name:”Lotus”; type:”LotusCFG”;

Can someone help or give me a hint? Do I need to specify a user somewhere? Or is it better to use the configuration files on the Lotus server?

Thanks in advance,

beacon.

Related:

Leave a Reply