DFHPI9606E The value of the XML encoding attribute must match that of the under lying file system. For example, the value “EBCDIC-CP-US” may be appropriate.

Our application developer was using our processes to create a requester web service from a WSDL using DFHWS2LS. We normally have the
developers remove the encoding parameter from the WSDL prior to processing. Since the WSDLs come from Windows, they usually have
encoding=UTF-8, which they are instructed to remove when the file is transferred to z/OS. Even when doing this, the assistant gave this
error:

DFHPI9606E The value of the XML encoding attribute must match that of the underlying file system. For example, the value “EBCDIC-CP-US” may be
appropriate.

I was able to alter the WSDL to use encoding=EBCDIC-CP-US and get the assistant to work. This has not been done in the past, and I tried a
WSDL of another CICS web service and was able to process it without encoding by simply having <?xml version=”1.0″ ?> and the beginning of
the WSDL.

I have a WSDL that has been previously used and does not include the encoding. I was able to use it without any alteration. Is there something
special about this new WSDL that it would require the EBCDIC encoding to be specified while others would not?

Related:

Leave a Reply