Watson Conversation recognizes SYS-PERSON but skips child node?

I have a Watson chatbot built from PHP on the server side to make cURL API calls, and javascript on the front end.

When using the chatbot, Watson initiates the conversation by asking what the users name is. It should then take the name that the user entered, recognize it as a @sys-person, then enter the welcome child node and print our the following text: Hi @sys-person, how can I help you today?

However, when I use watson on my php based application, I enter in my name (Daniel) after Watsons welcome message and Watson recognizes my name but does not register the correct intent. I then proceeds to skip over the child node and print out an unrelated message.

I’ve added my JSON response if that helps. The chat works just fine on the IBM Bluemix try it out Chat but does not work correctly with my chatbot. Does anyone else have this problem? Is this a known issue? The entities clearly says sys-person with a confidence of .96761 but it completely disregards that entity and registers my name as a capabilities intent.

Thanks in advanced

{
“intents”: [
{
“intent”: “capabilities”,
“confidence”: 0.47940323352813724
}
],
“entities”: [
{
“entity”: “sys-person”,
“location”: [