Principal Product Marketing Manager
Today we have guest blogger – Sai Valluri – Product MarketingManager.
This year at Collaborate, I had the opportunity to host a panel discussion with three amazing customers and one partner. The title of the panel discussion was “Sharpen Your Competitive Edge: Lift and Shift Your Apps to the Cloud”. This discussion took place on 4/25 at 1:15 pm.
The panel included:
Chris Brown, Director-Application Development, Port of Houston
Chris is a seasoned IT executive with over 20 years of experience cultured in the full-vertical structure of operation oriented enterprises. Chris has experience in full Cycle Tier One ERP implementations of JDE software. In his current role, Chris oversees staff between two terminals supporting enterprise software port wide (several JDE modules) and interfaces between applications both hosted and on premises.
Joe Finlinson, Business Applications Technology Director, Intermountain Healthcare
Joe is an experience IT leader with over 15 years in enterprise IT. In his current role, Joe directs all technical aspects of the Business Applications Portfolio including PeopleSoft FSCM, Oracle E-Business Suite HR/Payroll, Kronos Timekeeping and Analytics, Hyperion Budgeting, OBIEE/OBIA, Oracle SOA Suite integrations along with several other applications.
Michael Lee Sherwood, Director of IT, City of Las Vegas
Michael is an accomplished technology and innovation leader with a demonstrated history of working in government and private sector industries. Skilled in process improvement, budgeting, operations management, strategy, customer experience, and entrepreneurship. Michael graduated from University of Southern California – Marshall School of Business
Niklas Ivelsatt, Senior Partner, Arisant LLC
Niklas is the Co-founder and Senior Partner of Arisant LLC. Founded in 2006 in Denver, Arisant is well known for designing, building and supporting scalable, cost effective Oracle infrastructure environments. Arisant is an Oracle Platinum partner.
The discussion covered a variety of challenges faced by customers and business benefits accrued by moving to Oracle Cloud. Each of the customers is running a key Oracle application such as E-Business Suite, JD Edwards and PeopleSoft. So in a way it’s a diverse customer group. Each of them made the transition to Cloud to better serve their stakeholders.
Some of the challenges faced by customers included:
- Retiring workforce and its impact on day to day operations.
- Increasing hardware/ Data Center costs that create a burden on innovation.
- Providing services to end users quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to set up and tear down test environments.
- For one customer by moving to Cloud at Customer, the customer could keep their E-Business Suite and databases on premise due to security/compliance and concern about putting core systems in the public cloud. This also addressed any latency concerns.
- Savings in terms of hard dollars when compared to legacy deployments. Each of the panelists could validate savings and how they could utilize these dollars for other projects.
- Move to Cloud also helped our customers retrain employees and also attract new talent that was keen to work on Cloud.
- Cloud enables customers to leverage data and analytics. Thereby better manage operations, analyze data in real time and make faster business decisions.
The panel also discussed how Oracle Cloud helped them overcome challenges and helped save costs and grow business. Some of the other topics that the panelists touched upon included total cost of ownership, selection process and best practices learned during the evaluation, implementation and post implementation phases.
Call to Action:
You can hear the entire panel discussion at: http://nnf.questdirect.org/questmediaviewer.aspx?video=268022930