PGP 9.1 License Activation to recover old encrypted files

I need a solution

I am a longtime (10+ years) user of PGP Desktop 9.10 Encryption software.  As I understand, PGP was purchased by Symantec, and the software was later merged into the Endpoint Encryption Suite.  However, I was able to use the PGP software over the years.  However, recently, I had to reinstall the software, and I was unable to re-activate my software. It looks like the original PGP License Server is not longer operational.  However, the software give the option to “Enter a License Authorization provided by PGP Customer Service” for cases where the online license serve is not accessible. How can I get such a license authorization, so that I can recover my existing encrypted files?

I contacted the customer support, and they do not recognize the license number (it does not fit the format of license numbers of Symantec Software), so, they said they cannot forward my question to techinical support.  And, as noted on the Symantec support documents (https://support.symantec.com/us/en/article.howto77…), it does not look like the latest Symantec Encyrption software is compatible with 9.1.  So, it doesn’t look like I can just jump to the latest version of the Symantec Encryption software.  I had purchased a perpetual license for the original software.  So, I should be able to activate the software to unlock my existing encrypted files, so that I can migrate to the new version of the software…

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Related:

• No Related Posts

Leave a Reply