|Requirements to Create a Client||Creation Steps|
|Create Client by adding to a folder||Resend Welcome Email|
|Guide for Clients||Employees vs Clients||Delete a User|
- An Employee user
- The manage client users permission
- Changing a client email address or deleting a client user from the system both require the manage employee users permission.
Create a Client
First, head to People > Manage Users Home or Browse Clients. Click Create Client.
Enter your user’s email address, first name and last name. (Company is optional). If you wish to add additional users, click Add another. When adding multiple users at Step 1, those users must all be given the same permissions and folder access later in the creation process.
By default, new client users are prompted to create a new password when they sign in to ShareFile for the first time. If you do not want your client to be able to set their own password, do not notify users they have been added to the account until after you have navigated to your user’s profile page and updated their Change Password permission.
Next, you can assign folders to your user, as well as add the user to Distribution Groups. You may also copy folder permissions from an existing user to your new one – using Copy Folder Access will only copy folder permissions, not account permissions.
Create a Client (Folder Access Menu)
You can also create a new client user from the Add People to Folder menu. A client user is created if you add an individual to a folder that is not currently a member of your account.
- Click on the name of the folder where you would like to grant the new user access.
- Access the People on this Folder tab or folder access menu.
- Click the Add People to Folder button.
- Click Create New User to add a new client user to your account with access to this specific folder.
- The user’s email address, first name and last name are required. The user will be created as a Client User and added to the list of users in the pane on the left.
- Check the “Notify Added Users” option in the bottom right.
- Save changes. Your user will receive an email notification that they have been added to the folder and must activate their account.
When adding a client user through Folder Access, your new client user receives the following email notification:
For updating user permissions after they have been added to a folder, see Folder Permissions.
Resend a Client Activation Link
When a user is added to ShareFile, they are provided an activation link (by email or by a link generated and delivered by the creator). If the newly created user does not access that activation link within 30 days, a new activation link must be sent. When resending an activation link, the previous activation link is deactivated.
To resend the Welcome Email containing the activation link:
- People > Resend Welcome Emails
- Enter your user’s email address or name to add them to the To field, or select them from the Address Book.
- Customize your email message as needed
- Click Send