This article contains information about HDX Monitor 3.x. The latest version of HDXMonitor 3.5.2 has the HDX RealTime Optimization Pack (RTOP) feature.
Note: HDXMonitor should be launched in admin mode to access RTOP data.
HDX Monitor 3.x is a helpful monitoring and diagnostic tool for HDX components.
HDX Monitor 3.x is available at http://taas.citrix.com/hdx/download/. Choose Current Version from the Select Product Version, as displayed in the following screen shot:
This version supports XenDesktop 5.5, 5.6, 7, and XenApp 6.5 as well. It can be downloaded as an Online Install (checks for updates when run) or as an Offline installer.
HDX Monitor 3.x tool provides detailed information about the various HDX technologies, their performance, and diagnostics information. The following are the HDX technologies covered by this tool:
- Thinwire (Graphics)
- Direct 3D (Graphics)
- Media Stream (aka RAVE)
- USB Devices
- Mapped Client Drives (CDM)
- Branch Repeater
- Smart Card
- RealTime Optimization Pack
• XenApp 6.5 or later or XenDesktop 5.5 or later.
• This tool might be installed on any machine on the same domain as the target system including the XenDesktop VDA or XenApp Server.
How to use the HDX Monitor 3.x
• This tool is for ICA session HDX experience diagnostics. If you are running in a console or RDP session, HDX data is not available.
• Install this tool on any machine in the domain and enter the name of the VDA or XenApp Server for the target.
• In a published desktop, you can start the tool inside the desktop session to see all the collected data of this desktop session. The tool will default the target system to the local computer or you might target another VDA in the domain.
This application does not require administrative rights to install or run the application. However, some data is only accessible with elevated rights.
Data Modified by HDX Monitor 3.x
HDX Monitor does not modify any HDX related data or configuration.
For support, use the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Uninstalling the HDX Monitor 3.x Tool
The application can be uninstalled using the Add or Remove Programs applet.