To install licenses using the License Access Code (Recommended)
1. Ensure that the ADC has internet access and can reach www.citrix.com on port 443
2. Follow the steps outlined in https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-adc/13/licensing/citrix-adc-licensing-overview.html#allocate-a-license-by-using-the-gui
If the ADC does not have internet, follow the alternative steps outlined below:
To Download Citrix ADC licenses
- Login to MyAccount (www.citrix.com/account ).
- Select Quick find: All active to see all licenses.
- Select the licenses you want to allocate.
- From the Select an action menu, choose Allocate licenses.
- Enter the MAC address of the ADC VPX.
- Follow the process to allocate and generate your file.
How to find the MAC address of the Citrix ADC
- Login to Putty or ADC Console/CLI
- Type Shell and depress Enter
- Run the command “lmutil lmhostid”
- Copy the Flexnet Id
- Note: The MAC Address can also be found on the ADC GUI
Install a license
If you downloaded your license file to your local computer by accessing the licensing portal, you must upload the license to the appliance.
To Install a license file by using the GUI
- In a web browser, type the IP address of the Citrix ADC appliance (for example,
- In User Name and Password fields, type the administrator credentials.
- On the Configuration tab, navigate to System Licenses.
- In the details pane, click Manage Licenses.
- Click Add New License, then select Upload license files from a local computer.
- Click Browse. Navigate to the location of the license files, select the license file, and then click Open.
- Select Save configuration and warm reboot.
- Click Ok
E.g. Refer the screenshot