Plan your Profile Management Deployment
First stage in planning is to decide on a set of policy settings that together form a configuration that is suitable for the environment and users.
Refer Plan your deployment.
There are four ways to configure Citrix Profile Management:
- Microsoft Active Directory Group Policy Management
- Citrix Studio Policies
- UPMPolicyDefaults.ini file
- Citrix Workspace Environment Management
- Highest priority is of GPO followed by WEM, Studio and.ini file.
- We suggest that you configure the policy only from one place.
- The .ini file can only influence the VDA client where the .ini is located. We recommend that you configure the common policies through GPO or Studio.
- Profile management is not supported with REFS file system.
Microsoft Active Directory Group Policy Management
1. Import Citrix Profile Management admx and adml files to PolicyDefinitions from x64ProfileManagementADM_Templatesen folder in the iso
2. Open the ‘Group Policy Management’, create a GPO/use existing GPO and link it to desired OU
3. Edit the GPO and configure policies under Computer Configuration>Policies>Administrative Templates>Citrix>Profile Management
4. Before you configure Citrix Profile Management, you should create a user store to store the user profiles. Refer: Create the user store.
Basic policies that you should configure:
Enable the policy ‘Enable Profile Management’ to make UPM work. Refer: To enable Profile management.
If you want to migrate the existing profiles into Profile Management environment and preserve the personalization that have built up over many years rather than starting with a new default profile, configure the Migration of existing profiles and Local profile conflict handling policies.
See: Migrate profiles? New profiles?
Policy ‘Folder redirection’ can let you redirect some folders to other places rather than stored in user profile, especially some large size folder. This could help reduce the logon-logoff time.
See To configure folder redirection.
The last but not the least, you should run ‘gpupdate /force’ on VDA clients or restart the VDA clients to make the policies you made take effect on VDA client.
Citrix Studio Policy
1.Open Citrix Studio and go to “Policies” tab
2. Select Create Policy
3. Select ‘Profile Management’ from ‘All Settings’ dropdown menu
4. Configure desired settings and apply the policy as required
2. Open UPMPolicyDefaults.ini using Notepad
3. Edit configuration as per requirement
Citrix Workspace Environment Management (WEM)
1. WEM is a standalone Citrix Product and to use WEM to configure Citrix Profile Management, pre configured WEM deployment is required
2. If WEM is not configured then please refer: WEM quick start quide
3. Refer: To configure Citrix Profile Management using WEM