Before creating a Support Case
Citrix Technical Support aims at solving every reported incident in the shortest possible timeframe. To do so, we require the appropriate information. Please make sure to follow the steps below before contacting support. If the information provided is incomplete, the resolution of your support case might be delayed.
Consult the Citrix Self Help Resources
We recommend that you take full advantage of all of the Citrix Self Help Resources and our Best Practices before creating a support case. These resources and best practices can help you quickly find the answers you need or help expedite your issue.
- Knowledge Center: A database of articles and bulletins written by Citrix technical experts.
- eDocs: A library of product documentation for Citrix solutions and technologies.
- Support Forums: Discussion forums where you can ask questions and get real-world answers from other customers.
- Analysis Tools: A simple, online troubleshooting platform and health-checker for your Citrix environment. Available for XenDesktop, XenServer, XenApp and NetScaler.
- Secrets of the Support Ninjas eBook: Support tips on XenApp, XenDesktop, XenServer and NetScaler.
- Communities: User groups and interest groups where you can share ideas, opinions, technical information and best practices.
- Citrix Education: Training and certification courses to build your skills.
- Project Accelerator: A free, interactive XenDesktop assessment, design and deployment tool from the experts.
- Blogs: Straight talk from Citrix executives, product teams and technical experts.
- Citrix Support on Facebook | Citrix Support on Twitter: Interact with Citrix Support engineers who monitor the Citrix Support social networking sites.
Gather All Necessary Information
Best Practices to help expedite your support case.
Hardware Support Checklist
- Appliance Serial Number (requires valid appliance maintenance)
- Firmware version
- Classic or Ncore version
- Recent changes in the network/environment
- Description of issue and issue behavior
- Steps to reproduce issue
- Troubleshooting diagnostic steps taken
- Explanation of your network layout or network topology diagram (if possible include IP information)
- A network trace if networking issue.
- For NetScaler & AGEE issues, please have the support file ready: System Diagnostic > Technical Support Tools > Generate Support File > Run > Download the file support.tgz
- Business impact
- Support case severity – when reporting a support case, please indicate the severity to us. Should we have to change the severity level we will reach agreement with you before doing so. Please familiarize yourself with the severity description so that you understand the associated response times and expectations.
Remote Support Checklist
If remote access is requested for Software or Hardware support, you will need:
- An account with administrative rights
- Internet access to utilize Citrix GoToAssist
- VPN information
Creating a Support Case
Appliance Maintenance Customers are required to present a valid Serial Number covered with appliance maintenance services when opening a support case. The Serial Number determines your support entitlement.
Follow the directions below to assist you with creating a support case by phone or web.
- Phone – this method is used for high severity cases.
- Web – this method is best used for medium and low severity issues.
Creating a Support Case by Phone
When calling support, you’ll need your Serial Number (if you have a hardware issue).
- Call your toll free phone number or the Citrix phone number for your regional support center
- Select a language (if applicable)
- Select Technical Support
- Select the option for “Hardware Serial Number” or “Existing Support Case”
- Follow the instructions
Creating a Case by Web
Logging into My Support
Once logged into My Support, you can View and Update existing Support Cases, Create a New Case and view your Technical Support Entitlements.
- To access My Support, go to ‘http://www.citrix.com/’. On the main page, click (Sign In) on the top right of the page.
- Type in your My Account Sign In ID and Password to access your account.
- On your My Account Welcome page, you will see important messages displayed, as well as, links to various functions that you can perform
Note: Refer to the My Account FAQ for additional information.
- To log a new Technical Support Case or view open Cases associated with your account, click Create/View Support Cases located under Support, Maintenance and Renewals.
- Click My Support. My Support enables you to open a Case, View cases, View entitlements, and more…
- In My Support, click the Existing Cases tab located at the top left of the page.
- Use the drop-down to filter which Cases are visible. You have the option of viewing all Cases associated with your account by status or filtering the view based on the contact that opened the case. Note: Use the Search box on the left to search for a specific Case.
Creating a Case
- To create a new Case, click Create Case. Note: It is also possible to create a case from an Entitlement.
- Specify the type of issue you are having by selecting “I have a Technical Issue” or “I have a Non-technical Issue”.
- Note: Contact Technical Support for technical issues involving a Citrix product. Contact Customer Service for problems regarding licensing, account updates, general information, and any other non-technical issue.
- Fill in the “Enter a brief description of your issue” field. Based on the brief description of your issue, relevant articles will be suggested that might help resolve your problem.
- If an article is helpful in resolving your issue and you no longer wish to log a Case, click Yes, this resolved my problem. If you are unsure or would like to view more articles, select No, show me more articles.
- If the article was not helpful and you want to log a new Case, select No, I need to create a Case. A page will be displayed where you can specify which product you would like to log a Case for by inputting the product serial number/license number. Or select the radio button next to the Entitlement.
- After entering the serial number/license number or selecting the entitlement, click Proceed to continue with creating the Case.
- Fill out the New Case page, providing as much information as possible about your request.
Note: Some fields such as Subject, Product Line will be prepopulated based on your previous selections. All required fields will be marked by a red bar next to the field name.
- If the Entitlement field is not pre-populated, you can use the lookup button to select the active Entitlement from which the Case will be created. Note: If you have an expired Entitlement or an Entitlement that is not listed, contact Customer Service.
- After all the information is complete, click Save.
- Citrix will contact you as soon as your case is assigned to a support professional.
Note: You will receive an automated email notification once your case has been created.
Viewing a Technical Support Entitlement
- To view all Technical Support Entitlements associated with your account, click the Entitlements/Product Authorizations tab.
- The Entitlements page displays all the Technical Support Entitlements associated with your account. Use the Next Page link to filter the Entitlements view. To learn more about all available Technical Support programs, visit the Support and Maintenance Programs web page.