If you’re looking to create a user with more limited permissions and access, such as a customer or file recipient, consider creating a Client user .
Create an employee user
Requirements for creating new employees:
- The manage employee users permission
- Employee users may only grant or revoke permissions that they themselves have been granted
- Only account administrators may delete users from the system
- An email address can only be associated with ONE user at a time. You cannot use the same email address for multiple users.
Creating employee user
Navigate to People > Manage Users Home or Browse Employees then select Create Employee. The Create New Employee screen opens.
- Enter your user’s email address, first name and last name. (Company is optional). If you wish to add additional users, click Add another. When adding multiple users at Step 1, those users must all be given the same permissions and folder access later in the creation process.
- Customize your new employee’s User Access and File settings. Depending on your account or plan and your own permissions (see requirements at the top of this article), certain permissions may not be visible or applicable. Click here for information on ShareFile permissions.
- Set permissions using User Access settings.
- These settings are typical access and feature-based permissions you can use to manage your employee’s access and abilities on the account. Click here for a full list of ShareFile permissions.
- Assign folders to your user and add the user to Distribution Groups. You may also copy folder permissions from an existing user to your new one – using Copy Folder Access will only copy folder permissions, not account permissions listed in Step 2.
The final step is notifying your user that they have been added to your ShareFile account. By default, an email notification will be sent to the user via the ShareFile Notification system. If you would like to generate an activation link you can copy and send yourself, click Advanced Options. You may also skip the notification step and notify them later, in the Resend Welcome Emails menu.