- Reset your forgotten password
- Change your password after it has been reset
If you have forgotten your ShareFile account password, you can reset it from your ShareFile account login screen.
Important: ShareFile password reset uses the reCAPTCHA tool for verification. reCAPTCHA is not supported by Microsoft Edge. See ShareFile No Password Reset in Microsoft Edge for more information.
- Navigate to your login screen and click the Forgot password? link below the login button.
- Verify your identity.
- Complete the reCAPTCHA tool.
- Click send.
- The ShareFile system will send you an email that contains a link to reset your password. This link will expire after 15 minutes. Each time you send a password reset, the previous reset link will expire.
- Enter a new password.
Note: If your ShareFile account administrator has limited your ability to change your password, you will need to contact them in order to retrieve or reset your password.
- Log in to your ShareFile account and click Settings > Personal Settings > Edit Profile
- Under Change Password, enter your old password prior to creating a new one.
- Click Save.
You may only modify your password if you have been granted access to do so. If you cannot change your password, please contact the administrator on your account.
By default, a ShareFile password must contain:
- A minimum of 8 characters
- 1 upper case letter
- 1 lower case letter
- 1 number
- No more than 50 characters
These requirements cannot be modified.
The Administrator user of your ShareFile account may change the password requirements for the ShareFile account at their own discretion. To do so, navigate to the Admin section of your ShareFile account and click Password Policy in the sidebar. Any changes made will go into effect the next time a user changes his or her password. When a password’s expiration time is met, users will be prompted to change their password the next time they log in to ShareFile.