|Notes and Limitations||Supported Apps||Enable a Cloud Connector||Enable an Office 365 Connector|
|Interacting with Data on your Connector using ShareFile Apps|
|On-Prem Customer Restrictions||
|Web App||Latest version|
|Mobile Apps||iOS, Android, Universal Windows Platform|
|Desktop Apps||Citrix Files|
Enable a Personal Cloud Connector
A Personal Cloud Connector must be enabled by an Admin before it can be accessed. Only users with the Create and Manage Connectors permission can enable connectors on the account.
SharePoint Online Connectors require an additional step – see the following section of this article for more information.
Navigate to Admin Settings > Connectors to view all of the Connectors available for your account.
Click Enable to turn on that Connector for users on your account.
Once the Connector is enabled, you can manage Connector Access. By adding a user to the access list for a specific Connector, that user is able to use the Connector to link their account to another data storage service. Save your access changes to continue.
The Connector creator and the Super User Group are automatically granted access to the Connector type.
Once enabled, users with access automatically see the Connector.
Enable SharePoint Online Connector
SharePoint Online require a few additional steps to ensure they work properly with ShareFile. Before taking any action in the ShareFile web application, you need to add the ShareFile app to your SharePoint Online site.
First, add the ShareFile App to your SharePoint Online site. Click here to view the ShareFile Connector for Office 365 on the Microsoft Store. Click the Add button, then follow the instructions.
Important: In order for the app to function properly, please ensure that you take steps to Trust the ShareFile app when prompted, after it has been added.
Once you have installed the app using the link above, navigate to Admin Settings > Connectors. Here you can view all of the Connectors available for your account.
Click Enable for the SharePoint Online connector. You will be prompted to name the Connector and provide a Site URL.
Enter the URL path to your OneDrive for Business or SharePoint Online account. Enter the URL as follows, replacing “mysite” with your own domain/site name and adding the %loginname% wildcard where indicated. If you do not know your subdomain, you can find it in your web browser when you sign into OneDrive or SharePoint.
( or https://.sharepoint.com/SitePages/Home.aspx )
By adding a user to the access list for a specific Connector, that user is then able to use the Connector to link their account to another data storage service. Save your access changes to continue.
SharePoint global administrators can consent on behalf of their users to avoid the Microsoft Trust screen. When enabled, the consent screen is bypassed for users when they log in to their OneDrive for Business Connector. To configure, after enabling the OneDrive for Business connector, access and login to the connector as an O365 administrator and click the ‘consent on behalf of your organization’ checkbox.
Once you have enabled the Connector, any user that has been granted access to it will see the Connector in their left navigation menu or on their Citrix Files for mobile or desktop application. Users must still authenticate with their desired Connector service so that ShareFile can be authorized to interact with it.
Manage your connectors by navigating to Personal Settings -> My Connectors to disconnect a Connector.
Access Personal Cloud Connectors from Citrix Files apps
Once you have configured Personal Cloud Connectors in the Citrix Files web application, users can access those data locations from within various Citrix Files mobile and desktop applications.
Access Personal Cloud Connectors on Your Mobile Device
Users have the ability to browse, download, upload, and edit files stored on other file sharing services within the Citrix Files mobile app. To access your Personal Cloud Connector on your mobile device:
- Sign in to the app and tap Personal Cloud.
- Any Connectors created in the web application will be listed in this menu. To access the content on the Connector, simply tap its name.
- You will be prompted to log in to your storage service in order to link it to ShareFile.
- Once authenticated, the data stored in your file sharing service will be displayed in the ShareFile interface.
Copy Data from a Service to your Citrix Files Account
Citrix Files for iOS Instructions
- Locate the folder you wish to copy. Select the folder.
- Select the Copy option from the Action pane or action blade, or right-click the file if using the Desktop App.
- Customize the Destination you wish to copy the folder to by tapping Edit.
- Once you have chosen your Copy options, tap the Copy Folder button.
- The Copy process will be added to the Queue.
Sharing Files from your Personal Cloud Connector
- To allow sharing of files from your Personal Cloud Connector, you must have the Connector Sharing feature enabled for your account. Contact Citrix Customer Support for your region: https://www.citrix.com/contact/customer-service.html
- To share a file from a connector location, you must be an Employee User with the “Use Personal File Box” permission.
- Client users cannot utilize this feature
To share files from your connector:
- Locate the files you wish to share. Select the file.
- Select the Share option from the Action pane or action blade and choose Email with Citrix Files or Get a Link.