- Reset your forgotten password
- Change your password after it has been reset
Important: ShareFile password reset uses the reCAPTCHA tool for verification. reCAPTCHA is not supported by Microsoft Edge. See ShareFile No Password Reset in Microsoft Edge for more information.
- Utilizing your ShareFile domain name, navigate to “yourdomain.sharefile.com” and click the Forgot password? link below the login button.
- Verify your identity.
- If you did not receive email with link to reset ShareFile password, refer article CTX240121 – Did Not Receive Email With Link to Reset ShareFile Password
- Complete the reCAPTCHA tool.
- If you are listed with multiple account choices, please refer article CTX239873 – Wrong Company Account After ShareFile Password Reset
- Click send.
- The ShareFile system will send you an email that contains a link to reset your password. This link will expire after 15 minutes. Each time you send a password reset, the previous reset link will expire.
- Enter a new password.
Note: If you come across error “You Do Not Have Permission to Change Password for the Below Account(s)”, refer article CTX239979 –ShareFile Error: “You Do Not Have Permission to Change Password for the Below Account(s)”
- Log in to your ShareFile account and click Settings > Personal Settings > Edit Profile
- Under Change Password, enter your old password prior to creating a new one.
- Click Save.
By default, a ShareFile password must contain:
- A minimum of 8 characters
- 1 upper case letter
- 1 lower case letter
- 1 number
- No more than 50 characters
These requirements cannot be modified.