The fix attached to this article can be download and installed on supported Windows 10 VDA images.
- Windows 10 versions 1607 LTSB through 1809 (non-LTSC).
- Desktop OS VDA versions 7.15 LTSR CU3 and greater.
- Fix must be installed after Desktop OS VDA is installed and rebooted.
Known issues and limitations:
- Disconnect option will only show with power options in the Windows Start Menu.
- Disabling access to the Shut Down, Restart, Sleep, and Hibernate commands via Windows GPO will also disable the disconnect option.
- Users may need to click on the disconnect option more than once in some cases when using Windows 10 version 1607 LTSB.
- Disconnect button installer will fail on Windows 10 versions 1809 LTSC.
- Disconnect button will not work for users who are Domain Administrators on Windows 10 version 1809. However, a Domain Admin account can be used for the installation.
Customers who do not wish to install the fix may evaluate the options below as workarounds:
Leverage the Microsoft “TSDiscon.exe” utility, which is included with the operating system in the “WindowsSystem32” directory, for disconnecting user sessions. IT administrators can configure a shortcut to this utility to be included in the user’s desktop or as a “tile” in the Start menu (sample screenshot below).
Use the “Disconnect” option in the Citrix Desktop Viewer menu when available, as shown in the screenshot below.