Deleting/resetting the local Windows profile.
If an user installs Citrix Receiver/Workspace App (not elevated/per-user install) and then uninstall it using Receiver Clean-up Utility (running as an administrator/elevated), while the regular user is still logged in and has their profile loaded.
The below is a high-level list of Receiver related entries that may be left behind in the registry, verify them and clear the registries:
- HKCUSoftwareClasses* – File Associations and COM object registrations
- HKCUSoftwareClassesAppID* – AppID registrations
- HKCUSoftwareClassesApplications* – More app registrations
- HKCUSoftwareClasses* – COM object registrations
- HKCUSoftwareClassesCLSID* – MANY COM class object GUIDs
- HKCUSoftwareClassesWOW6432NodeCLSID* – MANY COM class object GUIDs (32-bit)
- HKCUSoftwareClassesInterface* – MANY interface name to interface ID mappings
- HKCUSoftwareClassesWOW6432NodeInterface* – MANY interface name to interface ID mappings (32-bit)
- HKCUSoftwareClassesMIMEDatabaseContent Type* – x-ica MIME types
- HKCUSoftwareClassesPROTOCOLSFilter* – Protocol filter handlers
- HKCUSOFTWAREMozillaPlugins* – Firefox plugin registrations
- HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftInstallerProducts – MSI installer product codes
You may have to clear the entries as shown in the below screenshot:
Incorrectly editing/deleting the registry may render your system inoperable – requiring the re-installation of Windows. Please take a backup of the registry key hive before editing/removing keys.