The online defragmentation of the database was interrupted and ended.
When online defragmentation is restarted on this database, it will resume from the point of interruption.
- An online backup has been scheduled for the same time as online maintenance. If online maintenance has begun and an Exchange-aware online backup is initiated before online maintenance has completed, online maintenance will stop and then resume when the online backup completes.
- Look for an Error -1069 (0xfffffbd3) = JET_errVersionStoreOutOfMemory in the description of MSExchangeIS events in the application log. If the version store runs out of memory, online defragmentation may not be able to complete.
Normally, no user action is required. However, if you repeatedly receive Event ID 704, this indicates that some process or memory condition may be interrupting online defragmentation.
- Schedule online maintenance when an online backup is not scheduled. You can view or adjust the Information Store Maintenance period in the Exchange System Manager by right clicking the Information Store database, clicking Properties, clicking the Database tab, and adjusting the
Maintenance Interval Schedule. To make sure that online defragmentation runs, you must allot enough time for all eight of the online maintenance processes to complete and for online defragmentation to follow. It is recommended to leave the default schedule of “Run daily from Midnight to 4:00 AM” or if you change the schedule, do not shorten the maintenance interval. It is suggested to not set the Maintenance Interval at the same time as the online Exchange-aware backup is scheduled. Also it is suggested to not attempt to dismount the database during online maintenance, because the dismounting may take several minutes to complete.
- If you receive Error -1069 (0xfffffbd3) = JET_errVersionStoreOutOfMemory in the description of MSExchangeIS events in the application log. In this case, contact Microsoft Product Support Services for help in troubleshooting.
- As a precaution, check the application log for related warnings and errors concerning ESE or MSExchangeIS that may indicate other ESE (Jet) database or MSExchangeIS (information store) problems.