To resolve this error, do one or more of the following:
- Start System Manager. Click the Start menu, point to Programs, point to Microsoft Exchange, and then click System Manager.
- Double-click Global Settings.
- Right-click Message Delivery, and then click Properties.
- On the General tab, click Add.
- Under Perimeter IP List and Internal IP Range Configuration, click Add.
- In Sender ID and Connection Filtering Configuration Settings, the IP addresses that you configured to be excluded from Sender ID filtering and connection filtering are displayed. If an IP address on the e-mail message received by the Sender ID or connection filtering deployment server is found on this list, Exchange Server will skip the IP address without running Sender ID and connection filtering validation on it. You can add up to 196 IP addresses to list. To add an IP address to this list, click Add.
In IP Address (Mask), specify the IP addresses that you want to exclude from IP address validation. You must include all servers in your Exchange organization that process incoming SMTP mail. You must also include all servers that route mail to the Sender ID and connection filtering deployment servers. If any of the servers that process SMTP mail are located on the perimeter, you should include all perimeter IP addresses of these servers. You can specify individual IP addresses or groups of IP addresses.
- Click Single IP address to specify an individual IP address to be excluded from Sender ID filtering and connection filtering. In IP address, type the IP address of the computer you want to exclude from Sender ID filtering.
- Click Group of IP addresses to specify an entire subnet to exclude from Sender ID filtering and connection filtering. In Subnet address, specify the subnet address of the subnet you want to exclude. In Subnet mask, type the subnet mask for the subnet you want to exclude.
- Restart the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) service.
For information about how to configure Sender ID filtering, see “Configure Sender ID Filtering” in the Exchange Server 2003 SP2 Online Help.