This document (7017610) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
PlateSpin Migrate 12.x
When upgrading PlateSpin Protect the installer detects thatthere are jobs still running on the server even though all the workloads are inan “Idle” state.
Message:PlateSpin Protect is currently running jobs. It is recommended to let thesejobs finish or to abort them before proceeding with the upgrade.
- On the Install GUI select “Back” to bring you to the previous screen before the installer attempted to detect the running jobs.
- On the Platespin Server open the Services and locate “SQL Server (“Platespin DB Instance”)”
- Stop that service. This will also stop the “SQL Server Agent” service.
- Go back to the Platespin installer and click next. If the service was fully stopped then the installer will not detect any running jobs and bring you to the Database validation screen.
- Go back to the Services and restart the SQL Server services. You will then be able to validate the database credentials and continue with the install.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.