This document (7018881) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
- Modify the iprint.ini file
- Open the /var/opt/novell/iprint/htdocs/iprint.ini file
- The server is the correct version if the iprint.ini contains the AllowWSACLPrinters parameter
- Change the AllowWSACLPrinters value from 0 to 1
- Change the AllowUserPrinters to 2
- No services need to be restarted for this change to take effect.
- Verify the iPrint printer is a User printer:
- Right-click the iPrint printer within the Devices and Printers window.
- If you see the Remove iPrint printer (see image below) option, then the printer is a User Printer.
The acronym WSACL within the AllowWSACLPrinters stands for Workstation Access Control List. This Windows 8 and above User Printer feature takes advantage of the Microsoft Access Control List ability to restrict users ability to view the printer. Only the user which installed the printer can see and use the printer. Hence, it is the User’s Printer, and not the Workstation’s Printer.
Windows 7 and earlier do not use the new User Printer feature. Windows 7 and earlier continues with the previous method of iPrint User Printers (see TID 7003285).
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.