This document (7020893) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
1) Open up the user’s mailbox and click on “Help | About” to find out the user’s current FID. As seen below the current user’s FID is “EGM”
2) After the account is deleted, create the same username in Vertigo with the same FID.
3) After you create the user, make sure to edit his password for eDirectory. Remember that Vertigo edits GroupWise only.
4) You should now be able to access that user’s archive again.
Note: You can only access a user’s archive if you have the same FID as the archive you are trying to open.
5) If the FID that you have specified for the new user is already in use, then Vertigo will come back with an error stating “Admin commit failed.” However, the username will still be created – but with a different FID.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.