This document (7021244) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Both methods require that you have already obtained from your registrar:
SSL certificate file
SSL certificate chain file
SSL key file
SSL pass phrase
Method 1: Within Secure Gateway
- Log into the Secure Gateway server via TTY and upload the files to the server.
- Log into Secure Gateway web console as admin and go to System Administration.
- Under System Management | Manage Servers open the server panel.
- Enter the file locations for each file and the SSL pass phrase.
- Save the configuration.
- Change the URL to begin with “https“.
- Log into the Secure Gateway web console.
- If you want the web UI to redirect to SSL, under System Management | Manage Servers open the server panel and click on the lock for Web UI SSL redirect.
Warning: You MUST be logged in with the https URL or you will no longer be able to connect to the Secure Gateway server.
Method 2: Enabling SSL in apache
SSL may be enabled directly in apache. See the apache documentation.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.