Adding a user in the Sentinel system creates an application user who can then log in to Sentinel. You also assign roles when you create the user.
1. From Sentinel Main webui, click Users.
2. Click Create in the Users section.
3. Specify the name and email address of the user.
NOTE: The fields with an asterisk (*) are mandatory, and the user name must be unique.
NOTE: A user name cannot exceed 30 characters, and you can use extended characters when you create it.
4. Select a role for the user.
5. Select the authentication type:
*Local: Select this option for the server to authenticate the user login against the internal database. By default, the Local option is selected.
*Directory: The Directory option is enabled only if you have configured the Sentinel server for LDAP authentication. Select this option for the server to authenticate the user login against an LDAP directory.
6. (Conditional) If you specified Local for the authentication type in Step 5, specify any user name in the Username field and continue with Step 8.
*If you selected No for Anonymous Search and did not specify the domain name: The user name does not need to be the same as the LDAP directory user name.
*A space character occurring at the end of the string
*Any one of the characters, +, “, , <, > or ;
8. Specify a password in the Password field.
NOTE: For local user password, ensure that the password adheres to the password complexity validation rules. For more information, see “Configuring Password Complexity” on page 47.
9. Re-enter the password in the Verify field.
10. The Title, Office #, Ext, Mobile #, and Fax. fields are optional. The phone number fields allow any format. Make sure you enter a valid phone number so that the user can be contacted directly.
11. Click Save.