This document (7022030) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Note: Make a copy of the Redline agent conf before removing the agent in case the agent needs to be restored.
To remove a Redline agent follow these steps:
- Stop the Redline agent on the server that is being removed. (Linux: rcrlagent stop) (Windows: Stop the service)
- Go to /opt/beginfinite/redline/conf (Windows: C:Program Filesbeginfiniteredlineconf). Rename the rlagent.conf file. This is to ensure that if the redline agent starts up again, it won’t re-register the agent and put it back into the control center.
- Log into the Control Center. Click on System View | RedlineMaps. Find the Redline agent you want to remove.
- It is highly recommended to remove the GroupWise agents that the Redline agent is monitoring. To do that, go to each of the agents, including the host, click on Manage and remove the agents. The reason for this is if the Redline agent re-registers, and it begins to report and monitor the GroupWise agents with the same name, there will be a conflict and errors will occur.
- Once all of the GroupWise agents are removed, click on the Redline agent to be removed.
- Click on Settings.
- At the bottom of this page click the button: Remove Agent.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.