- Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base for information on the variable text that will appear between “full-text failure” and “occurred in function” in the message.
- Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base for information on the variable text that will appear between “occurred in function” and “on full-text catalog” in the message.
- To lessen the chance of a permissions issue, always use Enterprise Manager to change the account used to start the SQL Server service. When you chance the account through Enterprise Manager, all of the appropriate permissions are automatically granted to the SQL Server startup account.
- Verify that the Schema.txt file located under the config folder for your instance of SQL Server has header information indicating it is a SQL Server schema file.
- For more information about common resolutions to this problem, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 295772.