Event ID 124 — Windows NT Token-Based Application Configuration
Updated: February 27, 2008
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
Web Agent for Windows NT token-based application configuration contains information about the AD FS Web Agent Authentication Service, creation of Windows NT tokens, and Windows token-based agent authentication requests.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||The AD FS Web Agent for Windows NT token-based applications encountered a serious error. Registration for change notification in the Internet Information Services (IIS) configuration failed. This condition prevents the Web agent authentication service from starting. Users will not be able to access protected resources until the authentication service can be restarted. Additional Data The data field contains an HRESULT error code.|
Run the Winerror.exe tool to get more error information
Run the Winerror.exe tool, and specify the error code as a parameter. This action provides the detailed meaning of the error code.
Verify that you can access the Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS)-enabled application from a client browser and that the resource can be accessed with the appropriate authorization.
If you cannot access the application successfully, verify that the Windows token-based agent is configured with correct URL values and that all configuration parameters contain valid values.
To perform this procedure, you must be a member of the local Administrators group, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To verify that the Windows token-based agent is configured with correct values:
- Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- In the console tree, click YourComputerName(local computer).
- In the console tree, double-click Sites, and then click YourWebSiteName.
- In the center pane, double-click Authentication, highlight AD FS Windows Token-Based Agent, and then in the Actions pane click Edit.
- In the AD FS Windows Token-Based Agent dialog box, confirm that the Enable AD FS Web Agent check box is selected.
- Make sure that the following values are valid, and then click OK.
- Cookie path
- Cookie domain
- Return URL
Related Management Information