Event ID 1027 — Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications Availability
Updated: December 16, 2008
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications (SUA) Availability is a measure of SUA’s readiness to support POSIX applications and scripts.
|Product:||Windows Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications|
|Message:||Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications is not available in this edition of Windows.|
Make sure the feature has been installed correctly on this version of Windows
Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications (SUA) is not supported on this version or edition of the Windows operating system.
Errors or failures might have occurred during the SUA installation and setup process. Look for error messages that were logged after SUA was installed. Try reinstalling SUA to clear errors. Note that when you reinstall SUA, you must also reinstall the Utilities and SDK package before you can use SUA shells, tools, and libraries.
To reinstall SUA on a computer running Windows Server 2008 by using the Windows interface:
- Open Server Manager. Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Server Manager.
- In the Features Summary area of the Server Manager home page, click Remove Features. The Remove Features wizard opens.
- On the Select Features page of the Remove Features Wizard, clear the check box next to Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications. Click Next.
- On the Confirm Removal Options page, click Remove. Removal completes after a short period.
- In the Features Summary area of the Server Manager home page, click Add Features. The Add Features Wizard opens.
- On the Select Features page of the Add Features Wizard, select Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications, and then click Next.
- Click Install. Allow a few minutes for installation to complete.
To reinstall Utilities and Software Development Kit (SDK) for Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications:
- Download the Utilities and SDK for Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications from the Microsoft Web site (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=67558).
- In the Utilities and SDK for Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications Wizard, click Next.
- In the User name box, type your name. If the name of your organization does not show in the Organization field, enter the name of your organization.
- Read the Microsoft Software License Terms carefully. If you accept the terms of the agreement, click I accept the terms in the License Agreement, and then click Next to continue installation. If you click I do not accept the License Agreement (Exit Setup), the installation procedure terminates.
- To install default Utilities and SDK for Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications components in the default directory, click Standard Installation, and then click Next. Allow a few minutes for installation to complete.
Verify that the Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications (SUA) Psxss.exe utility is available by viewing Psxss.exe in the Windows Task Manager.
To verify that Psxss.exe is running:
- Open Windows Task Manager by pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL, and then clicking Task Manager.
- On the Processes tab, select the Show processes from all users check box.
- Verify that PSXSS.exe is running.
If PSXSS.exe is not running, Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications (SUA) is not available.
Related Management Information