SEPM Slowness issue below:
SEPM Version – 14.2 RU1 build 3332
Operating System – Win2012 R2 on Hyper-V 2012 R2
SQL DB – SQL 2016 Built 13.0.1601.5 on Cluster. Both SEPM and Database are in same network zone.
Actions done till now to Rectify the Issue:
1) System Drive(C:/)- Increased from 40Gb to 199Gb
2) D:/(SEPM Installed)- Increased from 50Gb to 99.8Gb
3) ersecreg-a. error logs shows performance degradation was because of VMware defect, hence check the configuration of the VM environment. Confirmed that the Server is a HYPER-V running on latest Updates. (https://support.symantec.com/us/en/article.tech236391.html)
4) Java Heap Size – Increased from 2048 to 3072 as SEPM runs on JAVA. (https://support.symantec.com/us/en/article.TECH93500.html)
5) SEPM console was Reconfigured and connected to DB again
6) Windows SEP Clients pulling updates(Liveupdate frequency) changed from 2 hours to 4 hours and Linux SEP clients to get Updates through Reverse Proxy to 2 Hours.
7) JAVA Reinstalled and Updated to latest 8.0.1910.12
8) SEPM Update Interval – Changed from every 4 hours to 1 day to minimize the Liveupdate to fetch the updates from Symantec cloud between (Early 1:00AM to 6:00AM)
9) Windows and Linux servers Update Interval- Changed SEP Clients to take Definitions updates from the SEPM once in a day and try between (Early 2:00AM to 6:00AM) to minimize the Load on SEPM.
11) SQL profiler to run on the SQL DB server to check for the DB performance. (https://support.symantec.com/us/en/article.tech92852.html“)
I Just finished an installation of the Symantec Data Center Security: Server Advanced. After i was done with the installation of the Console, i tried to log in for the first time using symadmin and i am getting Login Failed Error.
Installation type is Evaluation using Local SQL
(Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager 14.2)
I was trying to change the DBA password for the symantec SEPM according to link below using the “Management Server Configuration Wizard” but only to fail with following exibit. I need to know why this is hapenning. Please do reply if you have any thoughts about this.
(SEPM database is configured to use Sybase & this particular instance is the AWS marketplace image.)