Good morning, Inside the company i work for we got many cnc siemens machines with a pc windows 7 and the ghost suite integrated. After a blackuot i made a backup of the 2 partitions contained inside the ssd and after that i tried to restore an old partition backup. Here i made an error, i pressed restore entire hdd and i choose the partition file. After 2 seconds i got an error from the ghost console. Now, i got the hdd without anything inside. I think the procedure canceled some configuration files but no real files. Windows does not start and during the boot up i only got a black screen. Do you know any way to try to recover the hdd?
Hi I have a requirement to setup EDR 4 all in one virtual appliance in HA mode and also need to have DR setup build. Request your help to understand below requirements.
1. How to configure two All in one virtual applince in HA mode?
2. Do we need a physical interface from Switch tagged to Virtual appliance if plan is to configure in TAP mode only?
3. How to configure EDR all in one virtual appliance as DR failover and fallback setup?
4. If EDR backup is configured, what will be the size of backup file and what is the content of a backup file.
Today I start the Backup Exec 11d to check the backup, the Backup Exec prompt me to input username and password to login the Device & Media Service, when I finish input username and password it prompt that the service can’t start.
I tried to reboot the server, the problem continue exist. I check the log found that:
Event ID: 7024
The Backup Exec Device & Media Service service terminated with service-specific error 536928979 (0x2000E2D3).
May I know how to slove the problem to start the Backup Exec 11d, thanks!
With more and more enterprises adopting a multi-cloud strategy, it is important that you have a solution that can protect data across multiple clouds. The explosive growth of data and public cloud computing is changing the way enterprises look at their backup strategy and policies. Snapshots are an efficient and cost-effective way to protect workloads in the cloud.
Dell EMC Cloud Snapshot Manager
Dell EMC Cloud Snapshot Manager is a SaaS solution that makes it easy to protect workloads in public cloud environments – without requiring any installation or infrastructure. Customers can discover, orchestrate and automate the protection of workloads across multiple clouds based on policies for seamless backup and disaster recovery. Dell EMC breaks cloud silos, allowing customers to use one tool for the protection of workloads across multiple clouds. Designed for any size cloud infrastructure, CSM scales as your organization and data grows. The automatic assignment of resources to protection policies based on tags is essential to achieve auto-scaling in the cloud with the peace of mind that your resources are protected.
Why Cloud Snapshot Manager?
CSM is designed from the ground up for any size cloud infrastructure and scales as your organization and data grows. There are many benefits of CSM:
- Automated cloud data protection from one pane of glass, breaking cloud silos
- Protection, compliance, and disaster recovery of public cloud workloads
- Multi-tenancy capabilities enabling multiple accounts and users
- Automatic deletion of snapshots per retention policies for cost savings
- Application consistent framework in AWS and Azure for consistent restores
- Email reports for visibility into the health and overall status of your CSM environment
- Discovery of existing snapshots in AWS for better control over snapshot sprawl
What’s new in Cloud Snapshot Manager?
Enhancements to our service this quarter include:
Expanded AWS DBaaS protection
- Support for Federated Identification with SAML
- Expedite the recovery of all the VM’s in a protection plan to a point in time via group restores
Enhanced reporting automation
- Emailing of any report based on scheduled cadence
Cloud Snapshot Manager is breaking cloud silos and providing a better way to consolidate and manage the entire lifecycle of snapshots and recovery from a single management console. If you would like to demo CSM hands on we have a free 30-day trial. If you would like to learn more about CSM check us out online. Lastly, check out this video for an overview of CSM. Dell EMC is a trusted partner in data protection and we look forward to hearing from you.