You can customize settings for the link to shared data depending if you choose:
This article describes your options to share files securely using Email with Citrix.
Email with Citrix offers additional security by allowing you to send your files using our messaging system. With this method, the recipient receives an email message containing a secure link to download the file(s). We recommend you Edit Message Options to Require recipients to login in order to implement the most secure way to access to the data.
- You must have download permissions in the folder to share files.
- Client users may not have permissions to share or send files on the account.
Article Contents (click a link to skip to that section)
- How to Email with Citrix
- If you need to send more than 216 items, add users to a folder!
How to Email with Citrix
Share Files stored on your computer:
- On the Dashboard, click Share Files. Note: This method requires File Box access because files sent directly from your computer are stored there. Only Employee users can have File Box access.
- Choose Email with Citrix.
Share Files stored in your ShareFile account:
There are multiple ways to share files within your account:
- Select check-boxes next to files and folders in an open folder and choose Share > then Email with Citrix.
- Right-click on files and choose Share > Email with Citrix.
- Access available sharing options from within the Content Viewer in supported web browsers. The Content Viewer will appear when you single-click on a file in a folder. Choose Email with Citrix from the right navigation menu.
Customize Your Message Before Sending
- Add files to the message using Drag files here or choose Browse files to add files from your local computer.
- Click Add More to add additional files From Computer or ShareFile .
- Add Recipient email addresses manually or add from address books and distribution groups.
- Add a Subject to the email message.
- Optional: Add a written Message to include in the body of the email message.
- Edit Message Options for custom sharing settings.
Edit Message Options allows you to customize the following:
- Send me a copy of this email: Receive a copy of the email message
- Email me when files are accessed: Receive a notification email when the file is viewed or downloaded.
- Encrypt message: This feature is only available to users with permissions to send Encrypted Emails
- Require recipients to log in: Require that recipients log in to their ShareFile account in order to access the files.
Note: If your recipient is not already a user on your account, they will receive an additional email to create their account and a secure password before accessing the file.
- Access expires: Set how the download link is accessible. If sending files from your computer, the expiration length will default to the File Box
- Allow Recipients to: view online onlyorhave full control, etc…
- Accesses per user – Limit the number of views or downloads.
- Always link to the latest version of the file: This feature is only available to files stored where File Versioning enabled.
- Remember subject and custom message for next time: Save the current Subject and Message as a preset the next time you send a file.
- Click Done.
Click Send when ready. You will receive confirmation that the message was sent successfully.
|Note: If sending files stored on your computer, the file will not send until the file is uploaded to your File Box.|
Do not exit the page until the confirmation message the message sent successfully is shown.
Note: If you wish to expire a link after it has been sent, you can do so in Inbox > Sent messages. Read more here.