|Article Number: 525425||Article Version: 2||Article Type: Break Fix|
ViPR Controller,ViPR Controller Controller 3.6
The user is unable to delete a VMware datastore and volume via the VIPR Controller Delete Datastore and Volume catalog order.
ViPR Controller UI error
Message: Unable to find datastore DATASTORE_NAME in datacenter DC_NAME
Catalog Service: Delete Datastore and Volume
ViPR recognises the volume as a VMware datastore and attempts to unmount and dettach the volume before un-exporting & deleting it.
The datastore was deleted by the user therefore ViPR Controller cannot find the datastore to unmount.
The VMWare datastore was deleted at the ESX layer but the underlying block volume was still exported to the ESX host(s).
Re-create the the datastore again on that particular volume and re-run the “Remove block volume for VMware” order.
- Remove the Datastore tag on the volume in VIPR-Controller
- Perform an “Unexport and Remove Block Volume”order.
To remove the datastore/VMFS volume tag run the command below:
/opt/storageos/clin/bin/viprcli volume tag -remove “vipr:vmfsDatastore-ESX_CLUSTER_URN=DATASTORE_NAME” -pr “PROJECT_NAME” -name “VIPRC_VOLUME_NAME” -tn “TENANT_NAME“
1. ESX_CLUSTER_URN is the URN id of the ESX Cluster in the ViPR-C DB.
To retrieve a list of the clusters and their respective VIPR-C URN id’s please run the following command from the ViPR Cli.
/opt/storageos/bin/dbutils list Cluster | grep “label” -B 12 | grep “id:|label”
2. DATASTORE_NAME is the name of the VMware datstore as it appears in vSphere.
3. PROJECT_NAME is the name VIPR project that the volume is associated to.
4. VIPRC_VOLUME_NAME is the name of the volume as it appears in the ViPR-C UI.
5. TENANT_NAME is the name of the Tenant that the VIPR-C volume is associated to.
ViPR Controller UI errors
[INFO] Tue Sep 11 10:15:22 UTC 2018 Find Datastore did not succeed, will retry: Unable to find datastore DATASTORE_NAME in datacenter DC_NAME
[INFO] Tue Sep 11 10:15:32 UTC 2018 Retrying Find Datastore
[ERROR] Tue Sep 11 10:15:32 UTC 2018 Maximum number of retries exceeded for Find Datastore
[ERROR] Tue Sep 11 10:15:32 UTC 2018 Find Datastore failed with error: ‘Unable to find datastore DATASTORE_NAME in datacenter DC_NAME’
[ERROR] Tue Sep 11 10:15:32 UTC 2018 Unable to find datastore DATASTORE_NAME in datacenter DC_NAME
com.iwave.ext.vmware.VMWareException: Unable to find datastore DATASTORE_NAME in datacenter DC_NAME