If you want to wrap the application you will have to request the developer of the application for unsigned apk and ipa for wrapping. This unsigned application can be used for wrapping .
Or you can publish the application as a public store application(without wrapping) by browsing the same under application tab as public store app.
In order to verify whether the application to be wrapped is MDX COMPATIBLE or not, we need to check the crypt id for the apk/ipa file.
If the crypt id is “1” (as highlighted in snippet below) then we cannot wrap the application, which means the application is already signed by Apple / Google and uploaded on the public app store.
Hence any third party application which is required to be wrapped with Citrix MDX toolkit , one need to get it as a raw application from application vendor and not be side downloaded from public store.
Below are the steps to check the crypt id and to confirm if IPA was configured to Apple store deployment
1) Rename IPA file to ZIP and unzip
2) Right click on file contained within and click on “Show Package Contents”
3) Find main binary name, it should have the same name as the package, and no extension. Copy it to somewhere else.
4) Run the following command from MAC terminal
> otool –l AppBinary | grep crypt
5) If there is a “cryptid” field displayed and its value contains non-zero, the binary has DRM applied. This means it was configured for apple store deployment
bash-3.2# otool -l <appBinary>|grep crypt
Here the crypt id is “0” which means this app is not for AppStore
More details can be found in: https://www.citrix.com/blogs/2013/12/09/mobile-mdx-apps-wrapping-issues/
NOTE: We need a Mac Machine with X-code installed (as it contains the otool package) or otool package need to installed seperately.