There are three ways to begin preparing a document for signature in RightSignature 4:
- From the RightSignature 4 Dashboard, click “Start Document” and select “Send for Signature.”
- From the ShareFile Dashboard of an account with RightSignature 4 enabled, click “Share Files” and select “Send for Signature”.
- From a ShareFile folder, right click the document you wish to send for signature and select “Send for Signature”.
Any of these options will bring you to the document sending page. If you selected a document to send, it will automatically be converted into a PDF file to serve as the background for your form. If you did not choose an existing document, you will need to select one using the available options before continuing.
After confirming the document has been uploaded, click “Prepare Document”. You will now be prompted to select the Signer or Signers of this document. For each person who needs to sign this particular document, enter their name and the email address you want this document to be sent to. Be sure to enter each signer’s name and email correctly – once the document is sent, they cannot be changed and the document will have to be recreated. Additionally, if multiple Signers are added to the document, the option to Set Signer Order will appear in the upper right corner of the screen. If enabled, this will send the document to each signer in turn, as listed on this page, rather than sending the document to all Signers at once.
Once all Signers are added to the form, select “Next: Place Fields”. You will be directed to a copy of the form where you can place all necessary fields for the customer to complete. When sending a document, each area you want the customer to fill in information will need to have an appropriate field added. The following fields are available:
- Signature Field: This field prompts a user to sign the document at the selected location. Most documents will want to include at least one of these.
- Text Field: This field prompts the user to enter text of any kind at the selected location. By default, all text is displayed on a single line, but it can be toggled to multiline display.
- Date Field: This field prompts the user to enter a date at the selected location. By default, the date will be displayed in a MM/DD/YYYY format; this can be changed to DD/MM/YYYY in the field’s options.
- Checkbox: This field allows the user to place a check mark on the form.
- Checkbox Group: This field creates a checkbox group. Checkboxes can be added to the group by selecting “Add To Group”. By default, a user can select only one checkbox from the group, but the user can instead be required to select one or more option from the group.
- Initials Field: Similar to a signature field, this field prompts the user to sign their initials at that location.
- Select Box: The Select Box creates a dropdown menu from which the user is prompted to select a single option. This is useful if the user must choose from a list of options.
- Attachment: This field prompts the user to attach a file to be returned with the signed document.
- Collect Payment: This field allows you to collect payment information from users, or to charge them a fixed amount once the form is signed, via our Stripe integration. Consult the following article for more information: https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX227763
Click on the document to place a Field, then drag to adjust it to fit. Double click on the Field to display an options menu where the Field’s properties can be adjusted. This allows you to decide whether a field is required or optional, whether the Field should be highlighted during the signing process, and if working on a document with multiple Signers, which Signer should complete that field.
If you’ve sent a similar document before, you can use the “Import Overlay” option to copy all Fields from an old document onto this one instead of having to manually replace every single Field.
Note: You cannot change the underlying document from this screen.
Once all Fields are placed and configured correctly, click “Next: Review”. From this screen, you will be able to change any document-wide settings before sending. Settings include:
- Name: The name of the document that the customer will receive.
- Recipients: Who will receive the document. Signers cannot be changed at this step, but additional recipients can be CC’d to the document email if desired.
- Message: The body of the message that will be sent to the recipient(s) of the document.
- Expiration Date: How long the recipient(s) have to sign the document before it’s automatically voided.
- Passcode: Whether or not the document is passcode-protected. If enabled, a four-digit PIN will be generated that the recipient(s) will need to access the document. This PIN must be sent to the signer(s) manually.
- Add Tag: This allows you to add tags to the document for easy access and sorting in the future.
Once all options are configured, hit “Send Document”. A link to the document will be sent directly to the recipient(s). Signers will be immediately prompted to sign the document, and do not need to create or log into a RightSignature account to do so.