Features and Capabilities
Cisco UCS Central Software extends the capabilities and concepts of Cisco UCS Manager across multiple Cisco Unified Computing System (Cisco UCS) domains in one or more physical locations.
With an enhanced HTML 5 user interface available in seven languages, you can work easily on a global scale to provide configuration capabilities for pools, policies, and firmware. Administrators can follow a define-once-deploy-many-times workflow for their infrastructure to increase operational efficiency.
Subject matter experts can promote global policy compliance by choosing the resource pools and policies that need to be enforced globally or managed locally. Cisco UCS Central supports the entire Cisco UCS and Cisco HyperFlex portfolio, as well as the full family of Cisco UCS Fabric Interconnects and all current Cisco UCS fabric interconnects.
- Global administrative policies can enable global and local management of Cisco UCS domains to promote consistency and standardization across domains.
- Centralized inventory and health status with dashboard and reports help you more easily monitor distributed environments and provide a consistent view of the entire Cisco UCS infrastructure.
- Policy-based server definitions can be standardized and deployed across domains and physical locations.
- Policy-based firmware upgrades can be applied globally or selectively through automated schedules or as business workloads demand.
- Globalization allows you to migrate existing policies and profiles from Cisco UCS Manager to globalized configuration and take full advantage of all the capabilities of Cisco UCS Central.
- Global search lets you easily search through thousands of servers, policies, and other elements of configuration.
- Cisco UCS global service profiles and templates enable fast and simplified infrastructure deployment and help ensure consistency.
- Health status, logs, and inventory of all Cisco UCS components facilitate rapid problem resolution.
- Hardware compatibility reports allow you to quickly understand if your current or desired firmware versions are validated with OS and Driver versions.
- Keyboard, video, and mouse (KVM) manager allows admins to launch KVM sessions anywhere in the Cisco UCS environment.
- Global ID pooling and multidomain ID visibility eliminate identifier conflicts.
Open and Extensible
Easily extend the functionality of your management tools through a broad partner ecosystem. An open API builds on the Cisco UCS Manager API for easy integration into higher-level data center management frameworks. You can use Cisco UCS Central with the Cisco UCS Platform Emulator to model policies and test changes for large-scale environments without the need for physical hardware.