The latest annual release of the world’s most popular database, Oracle Database 20c, is now available for preview on Oracle Cloud (Database Cloud Service Virtual Machine).
As with every new release, Oracle Database 20c introduces key new features and enhancements that further extend Oracle’s multi-model converged architecture with the introduction of Native Blockchain Tables, and more performance enhancements such as Automatic In-Memory (AIM) and a binary JSON datatype. For a quick introduction, watch Oracle EVP, Andy Mendelsohn discuss Oracle Database 20c during his last Openworld keynote.
For the complete list of new features in Oracle Database 20c, please refer to the new features guide in latest documentation set. To learn more about some of the key new features and enhancements in Oracle Database 20c, check out the following blog posts:
- Automated Machine Learning – will automation replace Data Scientists?
- Data Safe and Oracle Database 20c
- Native Blockchain Tables Extend Multi-model Converged Architecture
- New JSON binary datatype in Oracle Database 20c
- Oracle Database 20c Automatic In-Memory Enhancements
- Using graphs to understand relationships with Oracle Database 20c
For availability of Oracle Database 20c on all other platforms on-premises (including Exadata) and in Oracle Cloud please refer to MyOracle Support (MOS) note 742060.1.