In order to disable “Send anonymous usage metrics to Citrix” after installing HDX RealTime Optimization Pack:
- Create the following registry key on the VDA side :
- The RealTime Connector defines the following registry entries controlling CEIP metrics:
When absent or set to 0, the user controls the CEIP metrics collection. If present and set to nonzero, metrics collection is disabled and the opt-out UI is hidden.
- On 64-bit Windows, the RealTime Connector checks both HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareCitrix and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareWow6432NodeCitrix for this value.
When absent or set to 0, the user did not opt out of the CEIP metrics collection. If present and set to nonzero, the user opted out of the CEIP metrics collection.
- In the Settings dialog screen, the RealTime Connector adds a check box.
- The check box is hidden if the administrator disables CEIP metrics collection by setting DisableCEIPMetrics. Otherwise, it appears.
- The check box is checked if the OptOutOfCEIPMetrics registry value is absent or set to zero. The check box is clear if OptOutOfCEIPMetrics is present and set to nonzero.
- When the user changes the state of the check box, the RealTime Connector updates the registry setting and enables or disables CEIP metrics submission accordingly.