|Note: The ShareFile Outlook Plug-in is now Citrix Files for Outlook. The information presented here applies to the latest version of Citrix Files for Outlook and can be referenced for previous versions of ShareFile Outlook Plug-in. To get the latest version of Citrix Files for Outlook, visit https://dl.sharefile.com/cfo.|
Citrix Files for Outlook User Guide
NET Framework Incompatible
For best performance, it is recommended that users download the most recent version of the .NET Framework before using the plugin.
Multiple Outlook Profiles or Emails
If you have multiple email addresses connected to the same Outlook client, Citrix Files Outlook will only send emails with ShareFile attachments via the email address listed as the default under Data Files within the Outlook client Account Settings.
3rd Party Services and Add-Ins
The Citrix Files for Outlook plugin is not supported with any 3rd party service or add-in and cannot be guaranteed to function properly when used in conjunction with other add-ins. This includes (but is not limited to) meta-data scrubbers, SmartVault, iTunes, Grammarly, NETDocuments, and other add-ins. If you are using an antivirus program or add-in such as Norton, Kaspersky or McAfee, please take steps to add ShareFile ad Citrix Files for Outlook as an exception to your apps. Metadata Scrubbers may interfere with this plugin for Microsoft Outlook. It is recommended that any metadata scrubber add-ons be disabled in order for Citrix Files for Outlook to function properly. Likewise, Exchange Alternatives (such as Kerio Connector) are not compatible with Citrix Files for Outlook and may block the plugin from functioning correctly. ShareFile recommends disabling these add-ons.
Blank Reading Pane
This may occur when reloading a remote desktop with Outlook open. To avoid this issue, minimize Outlook before closing your remote desktop session. To fix this issue, click on another folder or adjust the reading pane size and it will display correctly.
Windows 7 or later
- Citrix Files for Outlook 22.1.10 and later requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 or later, however, it is recommended that users download the most recent version of the .NET Framework .
- Once the .NET Framework has been installed, you may need to restart Microsoft Outlook and run the installation file.
Microsoft Outlook Version Requirements
- The plugin supports 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Microsoft Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019.
- Please note: Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 has reached the end of extended support by Microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3198497/office-2007-approaching-end-of-extended-support
- While you may continue to use the ShareFile Plug-In for Microsoft Outlook on Outlook 2007, we can only provide limited support options. For the best experience, please consider upgrading to the 2010 or 2016 version of Office Outlook.
- The plugin is compatible with Office 365 plans that include Full, installed Office applications.
- The local version of the plugin is not compatible with Microsoft Outlook Express, Outlook for Mac or web-based Outlook. A version of the Outlook Plugin for Outlook for Mac and Outlook on the Web is available here!
In order to use the plugin, you must be an Employee user with the Personal File box permission enabled on your account. Being an employee user requires one Content Collaboration license.
|Basic Install||Installation Location||Authenticate Account|
|Missing Plugin After Installation||Admin Installation||Configure a Proxy Server|
1. To download the plugin, log in to your ShareFile account and click the Apps link in the top navigation bar. Locate Outlook Plugin in the list of apps and click the Download button. Double-click the installer and choose Install during the setup wizard.
|Note: Right-click the installer to Run as administrator if current logged in user does not have installation permissions on their local machine.|
2. Once the installation file has been downloaded, close Microsoft Outlook and run the installation file. This will install the Citrix Files for Outlook plugin for the currently logged-in user. You must accept the License Agreement to continue installation.
|Note: Citrix Files for Outlook installs only for the current logged-in user.If you wish to install the plugin for all users on the PC, please refer to the Administrative Installation section below.|
- When installing a per-user version, the app will be installed in: C:UsersUSERNAMEAppDataLocalCitrixCitrix Files for Outlook
- When installing a per-machine version of the OLP, the app will be installed in: C:Program Files (or x86)Citrix
- Temp and log files (log.txt); as well as, configuration settings (settings.cfg) are located in C:UsersUSERNAMEAppDataRoamingCitrixCitrix Files for Outlook and will appear after initial login.
Authenticate Your Account
After installation, the initial login to Microsoft Outlook, users will be prompted to enter the subdomain of their Account URL. Next, Login with their Email Address and Password associated with their ShareFile account.
|Note: If your email address and password are associated with more than one ShareFile account, you will be prompted to select the account you wish to link from a list.|
If your account is set up to accept company credentials (use single sign-on/SSO), click Login with my company credentials to be prompted to enter them at this time.
|Note: If your company has deployed ShareFile Restricted Zones and your default zone is a Restricted Zone, then you will be prompted to authenticate with your company credentials into that zone during the configuration of the plugin. If your default zone is not a ShareFile Restricted Zone but you attempt to share a file from a Restricted Zone using the Outlook Plugin, you will also be prompted to authenticate into that zone with your company credentials.|
File name: CitrixFilesForOutlook-PerMachine-version.msi (per-machine install)
Note: The file names for installer packages will change to the currently released version number.
Note2: The Per Machine MSI installer does not support the Auto-Update option. Upgrade (repeat installation steps) the version of Citrix Files for Outlook at least twice annually.
Administrators can automatically default and lock in preferences for the plugin in the Admin section of their ShareFile account, under Advanced Preferences > Enable ShareFile Tools > Enable Outlook Plugin.
If you log in to Microsoft Outlook and your ShareFile Plugin appears to be missing, there is a chance your plugin was not installed properly.
To confirm this in Microsoft Outlook: click File, then select Options and navigate to the Add-Ins list. If the ShareFile Plugin is listed as “Inactive”, you may need to enable the plugin manually.
Citrix Files for Outlook must be configured to work with your proxy setup. To do so, close Microsoft Outlook and run CitrixFilesProxyConfig.exe from C:UsersUSERNAMEAppDataLocalCitrixCitrixFilesforOutlook/
|Note: Citrix Files uses Internet Explorer proxy settings by default. Review and adjust existing proxy settings in browser settings.|