There are a couple of options you can choose to do when migrating the information from one organization to another.
1) You can move all content from the apps but all comments, files, tasks, etc. can only be transferred via the API. You need to ask a developer how much this will take – here’s the API documentation needed: https://developers.podio.com/. If you need help with this, you can hire a Podio Partner. To find out more about what a partner can do, visit here: Partners – Podio.
2) You can clone the current apps you have in the organization and add them to the new organization you create, this will not include comments, tasks, or past history of the app/items. For more information on cloning an app, please follow the link below.
3) You can export all of your data to an excel sheet and then import them accordingly to the new apps you create in the organization. For more information on exporting and importing, please follow the links below.
4) You can also move apps by publishing it your private app market (this method is a bit more time consuming):
- Publish the apps in the workspace to your private App Market
- Export the data from all apps in the original workspace to Excel
- Create a new workspace in the organization where you wish to move the original workspace.
- Go to the App Market and click your organization’s private area in the top left of the page. Install the apps that you shared from the original workspace to the new workspace. They will be grouped together as a pack that you can install in one go.
- Import the data from the original workspace to the new workspace
Remember that the app is only shared in the App Market – it is not a separate copy. If you delete the apps from your Podio workspace (from the place they were originally shared from) they will also be removed from the App Market. Likewise, if you leave or delete a workspace from where you shared apps, the apps will also be removed from the App Market.