ShareConnect’s iOS users can now upload media files and create Microsoft documents (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) from their iOS device to be saved on their remote host computer.
To begin uploading or adding documents to your host computer, you must navigate to any folder on your remote computer from the File Explorer app. Tapping the delimiter will open the Add and Create menu options on your iOS device.
Upload Media Files
Currently ShareConnect’s iOS users can only upload media files like photos or videos from their iOS device to their remote computer.
To upload files, you must:
1. Tap the Photos Backup button in the app bar on the bottom.
2. Tap the Upload Photos button to access your photos and select them for upload.
- a. If you select Take a Photo or Video, the camera feature on your iOS device will be made active. Tap on Use Photo to save the photo to your remote computer.
- b. If you select Photo Library, a list of albums present on your iOS device is opened. Select the photo you want to upload and tap Upload to save the photo on your remote computer.
3. Tap the Upload button to upload your photos.
Create Microsoft Documents
Currently ShareConnect’s iOS users can create Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents from their iOS device to store in their remote computer.
To create new documents, you must:
1. Tap the New Filebutton in the app bar on the bottom.
2. Choose the type of file you wish to create.
3. Once you create the document and you save it, you will be asked to give it a name to begin uploading the document to your remote computer.