- Check the Application log carefully for related events and patterns that may relate to this event. Check the System log carefully for related events and patterns including any errors related to hardware, drives, controllers, or the file system. If there are any such errors, replace the hardware, update the hardware system files, or repair the file system to prevent any future errors. Do this before proceeding to the next step
- If the information store database is running, it is suggested that you ExMerge your data to .pst files, delete the database, create a blank database, and then ExMerge your databases to a blank database.
- If the database is running, you may also move all the mailboxes to another store, delete the affected database, create a new database, and then move all the mailboxes back.
- If the information store database will not mount, the suggested remedy is to restore from online backup before the errors appear in the Application Log.
- If the information store database will not mount and there is no backup, the last resort is to repair the database using Eseutil /p and then repeatedly run Isinteg -fix until there are no longer any fixes reported. Then ExMerge out the data, create a blank store, and ExMerge the data back in.