JET will correct this automatically to prevent malfunctions. However, the misconfigured log buffer size must be corrected in Active Directory to prevent further logging of this event. To change the log buffer size, do the following:
- Start the ADSI Edit utility. ADSI Edit is included with the Windows Support Tools located in the Support\Tools folder of the Windows 2000 or Windows Server 2003 CD-ROM.
- Under “Configuration Container [<servername.example.com>]”, where <servername.example.com> is the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of your server, expand “CN=Configuration, DC=example, DC=com”.
- Expand “CN=Services”, expand “CN=Microsoft Exchange”, expand “CN=<OrganizationName>” where <OrganizationName> is the name of your organization, expand “CN=Administrative Groups”, expand “CN=<First Administrative Group>” where <First Administrative Group> is the name of your administrative group, expand “CN=Servers”, and then expand “CN=<servername>”.
- Under “CN=<servername>”, right-click “CN=InformationStore”, and then click “Properties”.
- In the “Select which properties to view” list, click “Both”.
- In the “Select a property to view” list, click “msExchESEParamCacheSizeMax”. Note The msExchESEParamCacheSizeMax property extends beyond the width of the “Select a property to view” list. Make sure that you do not unintentionally click the “msExchESEParamCacheSizeMin” property instead.
- In the “Edit Attribute” box, type the value that you want to assign this attribute. Note: Make sure that you enter a value that is a multiple of 8,192. The default value for servers with the 3/GB switch is 229376. The default value for servers without the 3/GB switch is 147456.
- Click “Set”, and then click “OK”.
- Quit the ADSI Edit utility, and then allow sufficient time for this value to be replicated throughout the Active Directory forest.
- Restart the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service on the Exchange server.