This document (7018670) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Novell GroupWise Mobility Service
- The best solution is to obtain a certificate from a trusted CA and implement it on the mobility server. Steps to assist with this can be found here
Alternatively, some have had success with the steps below, but must be done with each 10.x iOS device connecting.
Please Note: The method below will not work unless using a DNS name to connect to the mobility server. This DNS name must match the common name in the certificate configured on the mobility server
- Download the mobility certificate to save on iOS device
- Login to the GMS webadmin console
- Navigate to the Users tab and select any user
- Click Edit device settings (looks like mobile device with a pencil by it)
- Select the gear cog for Download certificate file
- Transfer the mobility.cer to the iOS device
- Email the downloaded mobility.cer to an account that is accessible on the iOS device
- Open the attachment in the email, when tapping on the mobility.cer, there should be an Install button
- Delete the gms account and restart the device, re-add the account when the reboot completes
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.