This document (7021207) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
- Email Polling is enabled inService Desk
- Create/Update via Email isenabled in Service Desk
- Running Service Desk in a test environment with a copy of theproduction Service Desk database
- Customer sends an email to create an Incident/Request
- Customer and Technician get a response email indicating anIncident/Request was created
- Incident/Request number in the response email sometimes refersto an already existing Incident/Request in Service Desk
- Date Opened in the bad responseemail may be in the future or the past
- A strange template reference like the following may appear inthe bad response email:
- Isolate the test Service Desk server from the main emailsystem
- Configure the test Service Desk server to point to a differentemail polling address
This issue can happen any time a Service Desk database backup isrestored to another server and both servers are up at the sametime.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.