This document (7021546) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
When Verastream Host Integrator (VHI) Development Kit is installed on newer Windows platforms, and you attempt to generate a .NET web application in Web Builder, you may see the error “Failed to exec adsutil.”
View Full Size
Figure 1. ‘Failed to exec adsutil. Reason: Input Error: Can not find script file “C:InetpubAdminScriptsadsutil.vbs”.’
To enable IIS Adsutil.vbs, follow these steps:
- Click Start > Control Panel.
- Click Programs. Note: Skip this step if you are using Classic View.
- Open Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off. Note: If Windows User Account Control (UAC) enabled, administrative rights are required and a confirmation prompt is displayed.
- Expand Internet Information Services > Web Management Tools by clicking the “+” icons.
- Select the checkbox for IIS 6 Management Compatibility. The filled box indicates that the feature is partially enabled, which is sufficient; it is not necessary to select all subcomponents.
- To avoid other errors when building or running .NET web applications, ASP.NET should also be enabled (under Internet Information Services > World Wide Web Services > Application Development Features). For additional information, see Technical Note 10124.
- Click OK. The features are installed.
- When the installation is complete, re-deploy your .NET project. Note: If Windows User Account Control is enabled, you must run Web Builder version 7.0 and earlier as an administrator. (This is not necessary in version 7.1; the iisdeploy.exe utility will prompt you to run as administrator.)
Note:Beginning in VHI version 7.5, the HTML 5 Web Application project type, which is platform and technology independent, is available in Web Builder. The .NET and Java Web Application project types are still available but deprecated on the Legacy tab.
Legacy KB ID
This article was originally published as Attachmate Technical Note 10081.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.